Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hubs

Hubs is the subject of this two part post tonight.
First, I have to say he rocks. I looked at him with those puppy dog eyes tonight because I was going to have run to the stop after I put my pjs on. He volunteered to go if I would cook him a side dish to go with the chicken he cooked for his lunches. So, here I sit watching his noodles cook for tomorrow while he runs to the store!

Secondly, last night hubs bought a suit. We have been married for almost 13 years and this is the first suit that hubs has bought. In the first phone call I offered to meet him at the store but he said he could handle it. In the second phone call, he was asking what I thought he should buy. The third phone call went something like this:
Hubs: Hey, what do you think of brown?
Me: It is ok but what shade of brown are we talking about?
Hubs: like brown....
Me: What color shirt and tie would you get? White, I'm assuming...
Hubs: Pale Blue shirt with a blue and brown tie...
Me: What about black? Grey? Navy Blue?
Hubs: but I really think the brown is nice...
Me:Ok, I do not buy suits very often but are you sure brown in the color you want...
Hus: yes.
and we hung up. The next thing I know I'm getting a picture message of a suit and shirt.
I continue to drive home- right past the store he is shopping in mind you. As I'm turning into the subdivision my phone rings again. It is hubs. The next phone call goes like this:
Me: So what did you get?
Hubs: A suit
Me: What color?
Hubs: Brown
Me: ok, so what did it cost?
Hubs: enough....
Me: so what did you get for enough?
Hubs: stuff, suit stuff, you know a jacket, pants...
Me: Did you get a shirt and a tie?
Hubs: of course
Me: what color shirt do you wear with a brown suit?
Hubs: blue, of course and dear, it is not just a suit it is an ensemble...
Me: oh, ok
Hubs: what's wrong?
Me: nothing- I just hope a brown ensemble is versatile.
Hubs: Yes, it is versatile. I can wear it during the day for work or in the evening for a date with my wife suit!
Me: oh, if you say so
Hubs: I could have got the olive ensemble.

So, he is the proud owner of a BROWN suit. Thank goodness he did not go for the Olive color- He might have looked like a large green bean. I'm sure I will love it once it comes in. Hopefully it will be here before the wedding next week, so that he can look dapper.

1 comment: