Monday, November 15, 2010

I will return...

I have several posts that I need to make about the events of the last few weeks. I will catch up on them over the next few days. However, I did not want to leave you without a small glimpse of what my weekend entailed. One word, the in-laws...
Normally the in-laws do not bother me. They are wonderful people who are around and do a lot of things for us. However, on Saturday night, Hubs was a little annoyed with his parents. They called early in the afternoon. The phone conversation went something like this:
MIL: We are going to look at a house this afternoon and wanted to stop by to see the kids and you guys.
Me: we are really busy and have a lot to do, this might not be a good time.
MIL: Ok, then we will see you tomorrow afternoon.
Me: The boys (Hubs and R) will be here but the girl and I have a baby shower to attend.
MIL: Ok, then we will just come over tonight. What can I bring for dinner.
Me: OK
I hang up and yell down stairs... Your mom and dad are coming over tonight for dinner. Hubs was a little annoyed. I on the other hand started making the mental list of all the things I hate to do around the house that I could ask MIL to do. They are very helpful, so I put them to work.
When they arrived, MIL asked what she could do to help. I stated there is a load of laundry to fold, dishes to put away and laundry to switch around. She got right to work. FIL helped Hubs plant a tree and then worked on getting the Christmas tree to light up in the kitchen.

Hubs did not understand that I put them to work and it gets things done around the house when they come over. He was a little annoyed that they had arrived because we had so much to do. I say if they help while they are here then, so be it.
I really should not or can not complain- I high the jackpot when it comes to in-laws and parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment