Thursday, October 21, 2010

A flashback....

We have had a week at school with Lice. It all started on Tuesday morning with a phone call from the nurse at school. She wanted to check my entire class as soon as possible.
With that one little phone call, I had a flash back to the most stressful but happiest week of my life.

The flashback took me all the way back to Good Friday, April 1998. The Friday night before Hubs and I got married. We axiously waited for my bestie to come in town with her three children. My nieces (V and J) and nephew (B) where in 3, 4, and 6th grades. They where excited to be coming to GA in the middle of the school year for the wedding. Since it was Easter weekend, we had lots of fun family activities planned. On Saturday morning, we awoke and went to my mom's house to press all the table cloths for the wedding and deliver them to the church. As we ironed away my mom noticed that the J was scratching her head a lot.
Mom did the "check" only to find out that she had lice. So here we are waiting for the rest of the family to arrive while we shampooed everyone's hair... what a mess.
It was not until we arrived back at Bruce's apartment later that evening that I discovered the real work that was layed out for me. The girls had hung their Easter dresses and placed their Easter bonnets in my closet. The hats had been placed on the wire shelve of my closet... which ment I had to wash everything in my closet.
So the week before hubs and I got married, I washed 108 loads of laundry.... yes, you read that correctly 108 loads of laundry. All the cloths, sheets, blankets, pillow cases, and towels. There where 5 of them (plus all my cloths) in our appartment. It was a big mess. We managed to get everything washed, folded and put away before the rehersal dinner. Our poor washing machine and dryer! They worked over time that week.
My stress came to a head while sitting at the salon getting our hair done. I had a panick attach that the hair dresser was going to find lice in one of the girls hair.
We decided not to tell my MIL what was going on because she would have freaked out. Once we returned from our honeymoon, we spilled the beans.
Now I can laugh about it, but I wanted to curl up and cry when it happened 12 years ago.
So this week, as I was having to call parents and clean my classroom, I was laughting on the inside thinking about the crazy week leading up to our wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment