Monday, September 27, 2010

Suga Walk

Tonight is Ballet and Tap night in our household. Ans has 2 hours worth of dance on Monday evenings. She loves them. Normally I get to sit and grade the stack of papers that I neglected all weekend long. Not tonight! It was parent observation evening and I got to sit in the studio and watch the girls dance. Ans love dance class. She enjoyed it even more tonight when mom got to participate. Yes, you read that right, I had to dance with her. We did the Sugar walk. The kids loved watching us parents shake our hips, fingers and feet to the beat of the music during tap class.
Ans teacher is from South Georgia, so when she says Sugar she pronounces it without the r.
Secretly, I wish daddy had been on dance duty tonight and I could have watched him do the suga walk!
Needless to say, the stack of papers did not get touched until I returned home. I sat and graded 4 sets while watching last nights Brothers and Sisters.
I'm sure over time, you will see lots of pictures and hear stories about dance since Ans is taking 4 difference classes this year.
Not to slight Ry, he had karate tonight (that was where daddy was). He is working on his Advanced Red belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment