Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Mommy Guilt

Here I sit in bed feeling really guilty. See Hubs and I are headed out of town tomorrow for a long weekend. Going away with hubs does not make me feel guilty because after all, we do need to spend time together. My guilt comes in because we are leaving the children at home with the grandparents. They will have tons of fun and will be spoiled rotten when we return, but I still feel guilty. Tonight at dinner the kids gave us a list of requested "gifts" from our destination.
As guilty as I'm feeling tonight, I'm sure they will get everything they have requested and then some more.
I think the last time I felt this guily was when Hubs and I took a cruise when our children where 4 years old and 10 months old. We left them with the grandparents for a week. It was nice to be a couple but I missed them so much. On the third day of the cruise, when we pulled into St. Marteen, I was so excited to see a bank of pay phones at the end of the dock. I wanted to call home and check on the kids. Hubs was less than thrilled to spend the $35 to call home, but I did not care. I needed to hear their sweet voices.
Now the kids are 10 and 7, so they are able to talk to us on the phone. So it makes this type of weekend away a lot easier.
While, I'm looking forward to spending the weekend with the hubs, I will miss the kiddos!
Have a wonderful, Fall weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment