Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Hoarder

So, hubs has a problem.... he is a hoarder! He hoards school supplies. It all started when we first got married. My Christmas stocking was always stuffed full of school supplies. I would get a gross of pencils, notebook paper, colored pencils, markers and glue sticks. After a few years of making hints to Hubs that I really did not want school supplies as a gift for Christmas, he finally figured it out. Our son thought Santa had a real sense of humor because he and daddy got fun things and mommy got work stuff...
So, now instead of putting them in my stocking, I get them in the month of August. When the back to school season is coming to a close, Hubs starts to shop for all the good deals at Wally's World, Target, and any other store that has school supplies. He comes home with items every time he walks in the door.
I have enough "extra" stuff in my room to supply an entire elementary school. All my teacher friends laugh at me, because if they need anything, they just ask, chances are Hubs bought 5 to 10 of them while they where on sale!
I just wish he would learn to hoard jewelery, scrapbook supplies, or Disney memorabilia.
Love ya, Hubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment