Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas Morning

Was filled with lots of fun. It started way to early. The kids got up and wondered why Santa had not left anything in his normal spot. I explained that the reason Santa did not leave anything upstairs was because he was mad that they did not leave any cookies out for him. So Ry and Ans went running down stairs to see if Santa had left anything under the downstairs tree. He had. They quickly ran over to their pile of items and began looking over everything.
The kids each got 3 items from Santa plus their stockings. Now, Santa has a sense of humor in our household. Hubs and I stuff each others stockings. I always have way to much stuff for his stocking, so some of it gets lay ed out for his viewing enjoyment.


After Stockings/ Santa, we had breakfast. Our traditional breakfast is Monkey Bread. We ate and the kids began to wait for the grandparents to arrive.


The first set of people to arrive would be the in-laws, R. and C. We passed out presents and began opening. We open presents one person at a time, from youngest to oldest. It takes us a few hours to open everything. That way we can enjoy what everyone got each other. R and C gave me the best present! I got a whole package of AA batteries and a Cricut cartridge. Now, don't get me wrong- I love the Cricut cartridge. It was the exact one that I asked for. The batteries where a kiss my a$$ type present. I thanked them and just tried to not let them see that it pissed me off....
After everything was opened, people wanted to "play" with their new toys. Ry wanted to play with the game that the in-laws had gotten him. The game "Mind Flex" required a large amount of batteries... all in sizes I did not have. So, this envoked a nasty comment from R about how I did not get the right batteries again this year. He went on to say a good mother would have gotten the right size for all of the presents, so that they could be played with on Christmas morning.


Needless to say, I was a little pissed about getting batteries and was not to sad to see R and C leave before dinner was served.

No comments:

Post a Comment