Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Fun

I thought before I recap our Christmas Day, I thought I would give you a run down of a conversation I had with my favorite person, E....
About 3 days before Christmas E called me out of the blue. He was standing at Wal-Mart and wanted to know what kind of batteries I needed for Christmas gifts. I told him that I did not need any batteries because everything we got the kids did not require any batteries. Most of their toys had batteries that get plugged into the wall to charge. He asked me to double check because every year I forget batteries and he is not able to play with the kids toys. I reminded him that I will only buy batteries for the gifts I purchase unless I have a specific request for a size of batteries.
He insists that he is going to buy batteries because I'm a bad mother who does not want to spend money on batteries.
Fast forward to Christmas morning....
We open all the gifts. Guess what I got from E, a package of size AA batteries. What every girl wants!
The kids want to play with a couple of gifts they received from E and their grandparents. Guess what this bad mommy did not buy.... you guessed it...the right size batteries. I had not idea these gifts where coming and I did not buy batteries for them.
E got made, stomped off and told me next time I should buy batteries for everything! For the record, the only time we have not had the batteries for a gift is when it was given to the kids by someone other than mom, dad, or santa.
I say if they bring the gift, they should get at least the batteries for the first time, if they plan to play with it on Christmas Morning!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not even going to discuss how absurd this is. What a queen!

    ReplyDelete