Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas in retrospect... Christmas Eve

Hubs and I made a pact to put aside our personal troubles and not burden anyone with it until after the holidays. We put on smiles and welcomed everyone into our home for the holidays. To start, we went to my parents house for Christmas Eve dinner. It was fun but a little crowded with 16 of us in their small house. Mom served finger foods, so that we could accommodate all 8 of the kids. Yes, I did say 8 kids. Now that does not seem a lot but it really was... They are all under 10 years old. 6 of them are under 5 years old... Can you say crazy? It really was not to bad until my niece began tossing her cookies all of the floor... By that I do mean throwing up. If it was as simple as a few cookies on the floor it would not have been bad, but she throw up 6 times in 45 minutes. While I understood that she wanted to be around all of her cousins, I was a little nervous that all of us would have the stomach bug within 24 hours.
The kids get to open one gift on Christmas Eve. This gift is always a new pair of PJs. The kids are excited to wear new PJs in anticipation of celebrating Christ birthday. We spread our reindeer food and then hurried off to go home, so that Santa could come.

Next up.... Santa and Christmas Morning

No comments:

Post a Comment