Sunday, March 13, 2011

I'm opening up a huge can of worms but...

My mom and stepfather have been married for almost 22 years. Now, being that they are in their 60's, I would like to have some kind of celebration for their 25th Wedding Anniversary in a few years.
Hubs and I started talking about this the other night because we will have their anniversary and the in-laws 50th within 2 years of each other. So it will take some planning and saving on our parts. I'm sure the in-laws will want to have a party in their hometown when the time comes around. I'm sure that will be subject to lots of posts about R and C.
However, with my parents, there really is not a good place to have a party. They did not group up close to each other, most of the family is spread from sea to shining sea, so therefore a party seems to involve a lot of people traveling. So, I'm going to purpose to everyone that we do a family vacation some place. That would include the 'rents, our family and my sister's family.
I spoke with mom briefly this morning and she agreed that a trip sounds great. She suggested maybe a cruise or a family trip to WDW.
I'm going to start thinking and planning, so that we can make a decision by mid-fall what we want to do. If we plan a cruise, dates, fares and information will be out by the fall of this year. If we plan a trip to WDW, I would like to do something magical and I would have to book that at least 15 months in advance.
I'm just imagining what sis is going to say.....

No comments:

Post a Comment